In 2016, the Brussels Studies Institute launched the Student Thesis Award, yearly awarded to a master thesis examining the Brussels urban area. The laureates receive a cash prize of €2.000 and the opportunity to publish in the peer-reviewed scientific journal Brussels Studies. During a public event, the nominees selected by a jury get the opportunity to present their research and the laureates are announced.
To be eligible, the master thesis had to be defended in the academic year 2020-2021. Candidates have to submit their portfolio by May 02 2022 at the latest to email@example.com.
The portfolio consists of
- Your curriculum vitae,
- A synthesis of the master thesis of maximum 2 pages,
- An electronic version of the master thesis (including appendices)
- 3 paper versions of the thesis that can be mailed at :
Brussels Studies Institute
c/o Université libre de Bruxelles – CP 129/4
Avenue F.D Roosevelt 50
You can also deposit your three printed copies directly in the office of the BSI at the following address Avenue Antoine Depage 1, 1000 Brussels. In this case, please make an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org before coming to the office (at the latest on May 06 2022).
- A recommendation letter by the promotor/supervisor of the thesis indicating their reasons for supporting the candidacy and affirming the high quality of the thesis
The master thesis has to be drafted in French, Dutch or English. There are no restrictions with regards to scientific disciplines, but the focus of the thesis clearly has to be on the Brussels urban area. Master theses with an interdisciplinary dimension will be regarded more favourably, although it is not a necessary condition for application.
One Thesis Award will be awarded this year:
- The BSI Thesis Award awarding a cash prize of € 2.000 with no restrictions regarding the higher education institution that certified the thesis.
In case of further inquiries, candidates and supervisors can contact email@example.com.
09 May 22
de 00:00 à 23:59